At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The Senior HR Business Partner is focused on ensuring the flawless execution of human resources practices. They partner with executives and senior management to develop and drive plans, with clear, actionable steps, that optimize the organization’s talent, structure, processes and culture.
The Senior HR Business Partner collaborates with the business and ensures a focus on the results and outcomes of the business rather than “check the box” activities of traditional HR practices. They understand the company’s strategy and goals and can translate those goals into actionable HR objectives in support of the business strategy. Role overview includes:
- Develop a deep understanding of the assigned Divisional strategy and goals and create HR strategies and plans to drive success to achieve those goals and drive the business strategy forward.
- Partner with executives and senior management to develop and drive strategic workforce plans that optimize the organization’s talent, leadership, structure, processes and culture.
- Implement effective talent management programs (talent reviews, calibrations, performance management, succession planning, and employee engagement) to ensure transparency and collaboration in talent management processes.
- Provide counsel and leadership to management on people strategies, organization design and development, management and leadership practices.
- Facilitate HR programs and draw the link between development and leadership initiatives to the business strategy and measurable results.
- Educate and train leadership and management on strategic HR topics such as: compensation philosophy, employee engagement, talent management, etc.
- Create HR metrics to assist senior leadership in resolving business-related issues.
- Use diagnostic and consultative organization design and development skills to assist in developing and identifying the next generation of leaders.
- Integrate Human Resource initiatives such as Talent Management, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations and Talent Acquisition into the organization.
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence in the design and implementation of initiatives and programs.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Psychology, Business, Organizational Effectiveness or related field; advanced degree in HR or MBA preferred.
10+ Years of progressively responsible Human Resource experience with exposure to a broad variety of Human Resource disciplines, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience. 5+ years supporting one or more senior executives (at the top level of an organization) preferred.
- Strong experience with compensation and benefits practices, organizational development and design, management development, strategic workforce planning and performance management.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to quickly build extensive knowledge of business, understanding of market trends and the competitive landscape.
- Strategic agility and critical thinking; knowing how the organization can win, is able to initiate and operationalize competitive HR strategies and plans to enable the business strategy.
- Able to define and lead successful implementation of divisional and/or enterprise people initiatives.
- Proven facilitation skills and experience – from leading a leadership and management training to facilitating a talent review to identifying high potential talent and develop action plans.
- Strong assertiveness, leadership courage, influence, planning, organization, collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and division management; express ideas clearly and persuasively in written, oral and presentation form.
- Project Management experience required. Hands-on experience in development and execution of a project plan required.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data trends and develop appropriate responses in partnership with the business and the larger HR team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong trusting relationships and credibility with both business and HR colleagues quickly in order to gain support and achieve results. Able to move others toward a position, with or without authority, by communicating expertise and a compelling rationale. Able to change opinions based on input, expertise and opinions of others.
- Ability to work independently, as well as an active member of both business and HR teams.
- Ability to partner with, and coach, senior level executives to increase their performance and ensure that strong leadership and coaching is infused throughout their organization.
- Irreproachable integrity.
- Strategic mindset with ability and willingness to be hands-on.
- Strong work ethic; bias toward action, implementation and speed with a practical approach to HR. Knowing when to go big versus light, direct versus indirect.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
- Address 1100 SW Sixth Ave., Portland, OR 97204