Mulberry Talent Partners: Human Resources Division, has joined with our client, a financial consultant in SW Portland, to identify a direct-hire Sr. HR Generalist to join their team. This role is full-time. The Sr. HR Generalist will lead strategic HR initiatives in partnership with HR partner and leadership consultant including Leadership Taskforce, Belonging/Inclusion/Diversity (BID), and Culture Crew.
• Responds to HR questions from managers and employees as well as providing disciplinary and coaching support. Utilizes HR Partner for assistance/guidance with technical and strategic HR issues.
• Works collaboratively with payroll provider to deliver accurate and on time payroll which includes troubleshooting, entry of hours, maintenance and auditing. (Approximately 10 hours/month)
• Provides Human Resource guidance and compliance to managers and employees.
• Assists with recruiting efforts by creating job postings and advertising open positions, drafting offer letters and managing pre-employment processes.
• Works with the HR Partner to administer benefit plans and is the employee point of contact for benefit inquiries.
• Works with managers to ensure that all the proper documentation is in place for all aspects of HR.
• Participates in employee counseling and termination meetings as appropriate.
• Coordinates all aspects of terminations in conjunction with the HR Partner team.
• Works with the HR Partner to implement HR project deliverables to include: Employee Handbooks, Job Descriptions, Wage Surveys, HR Audits, Employee Satisfaction Surveys, Performance Management Programs, Trainings and other company objectives.
• Schedules and conducts new hire and benefits orientations and if applicable, delivers follow up paperwork to HR Partner.
• Manages performance review process to include filing and tracking of review forms. Reviews incoming performance reviews for completeness.
• Works with HR Partner to produce appropriate leave paperwork and assists with leave tracking.
• Administers the workers’ compensation process.
• Participates in the meetings to discuss HR related assigned topics as needed.
• Attends relevant seminars and training workshops to keep abreast of HR best practices as well as employment law updates.
• Maintains the electronic personnel filing system to include applicants, active and inactive employees.
• Assists with responding to unemployment claims and participates in hearings when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, and/or six to eight years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be adept at using various applications such as Microsoft Office Suite which including database, spreadsheet, word processing, presentation software, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists; to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Human Resource certifications preferred, but not required.