Red Zone HR Solutions is a full service HR management firm serving small to mid sized clients. Our SE Portland client is seeking an experienced Human Resources professional for their 200+ employee operations. This is a true HR generalist role with responsibilities encompassing recruiting, talent management, employee relations, policy development, HR compliance, compensation guidance, management training, benefits administration, employee development and performance management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and administer all aspects of the Talent Acquisition function including maintaining updated job requisitions, recruiting, coordinating interviews, extending offer letters, conducting references checks, and general HR onboarding and training.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business environment, strategy, people implications and apply the appropriate HR solutions to meet the business objectives
- Work with managers to develop, interpret, implement, and maintain the Company’s personnel policies and procedures in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Manage employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, workplace complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Support and coach management throughout all aspects of performance management including performance reviews / appraisals, disciplinary actions, counseling techniques, performance goals / plans, and information related to training.
- Provide management with recommendations for staff and/or management training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques or documentation of performance issues or performance goals / plans.
- Administer the Company’s benefits plans.
- Maintain and leverage the HRCM system features for paperless HR transaction events, such as onboarding, offboarding, leaves, transfers, promotions, benefits enrollment, or performance reviews.
- Manages all leaves of absence (FMLA/OFLA, disability, workers comp, etc.) including managing workers compensation claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-7 years of HR experience including employee relations, talent acquisition, benefits management, policy and procedure development, and leave management
- Strong understanding Federal and State Employment Laws
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Complex problem solving, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills