Our client, a well-established e-commerce company, is seeking to fill their newly created Senior HR Generalist position. This diverse position is responsible for the overall administration and coordination of the Human Resources functions across the organization, including heavy emphasis on employee relations and recruitment. This position is based at their corporate office in the Central Eastside District of Portland. For over 20 years, this company has been one of the premier online retailers providing exemplary customer service and products to a unique market.
Here’s what this company has to offer:
- Variety. From recruiting for a number of diverse positions and handling a vast array of employee relations, to the day to day HR related tasks, you’re involved in and guiding it all.
- Customer service-oriented culture. We work hard to make sure our internal and external customers have an exemplary experience with us.
- Collaboration. In this new position, you will have the opportunity to influence and develop policy and processes that will shape and support the company’s HR department.
Here’s what you bring:
- Quick to connect. You are quick to connect with people and actively look forward to meeting with employees throughout the organization and developing and maintaining a relationship with them.
- Persuasive influence.You understand people well and use that understanding effectively in motivating and persuading others to act. Your persuasive communication skills allow you to gain the interest and buy-in from others.
- The activator gene. You have an eagerness to take on new things. You know when something needs to be done and will take the initiative to collaborate with others to get it done.
- Careful with risk and details. Although you have a strong sense of urgency and work at a faster than average pace, you also have a high sense of responsibility for making sure your work is accurate.
Responsibilities for the Senior HR Generalist include:
- Establish and maintain a full life-cycle staffing process for all positions including recruitment, interviewing, testing, and assisting in the selection of employees to fill vacant positions; drive consistency in the recruiting process. Develop recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing levels. Manage relations with outside agencies that may be utilized. Tactfully communicate with applicants not suitable for the advertised positions. Create and maintain job descriptions and play an active role in launching new searches.
- Act as primary contact for employee relations issues. Focus on solving conflicts, listening to employee problems, and providing advice to resolve problems. Provide coaching and guidance to managers on addressing and resolving employee relations problems. Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Communicate larger issues or potential liability issues to the Controller. Update and revise HR materials, forms and policies including the Employee Handbook. Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Serve as site benefits administrator and liaison between benefit providers and employees; perform day-to-day administration including enrollment, changes, and terminations in benefit and insurance systems. Respond to state unemployment claims, routine internal and external employment and income verification questions. Administer new hire documentation and ensures all required documents are completed in a timely manner. Prepare all new employee files. Track and administers employee leave.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or related field preferred; additional 2 years HR experience in lieu of a degree.
- Typically requires 3+ years’ experience in Human Resources or directly-related field.
- Typically requires 2+ years’ experience in full-cycle recruiting with knowledge of recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, job analysis, relationship management, and due diligence.
- Strong computer skills and experience required, specifically with Word, Excel, Outlook, the internet, and data entry.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Strong employee relations skills and the ability to handle employee issues in a professional manner are required.
- Must have the ability to follow written and verbal work instructions.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage scheduling are essential to this position.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships is required. Must be able to work independently with limited supervision. Must be able to work in a team environment and produce results in conjunction with fellow team members.
Please email a summary paragraph and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your paragraph, please tell us why you think you are an ideal match for this company and them for you.
This company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.