The Multnomah Athletic Club (MAC) has a rich story of excellence, with more than a 130-year history in Portland, it is not only a cornerstone organization of the city, but it is also considered one of the best athletic clubs in the country. The club is owned and governed by a membership of 22,000 and operated by staff in a beautiful downtown clubhouse with 600,000 square feet of state of the art athletic and social spaces.
We recognize ourselves as Portland’s premier athletic, wellness and social community. We strive to be recognized locally, nationally, and globally for our unique holistic approach to fitness and wellness.
Our Employees are the Heart of the MAC Community
The MAC is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, unique perspective, and are also united by a common passion for creating great experiences and having a genuine sense of hospitality. We pride ourselves on delivering high standards of excellence with every interaction, and we are fueled by our passion for embracing new ways to improve everything we do. We strive to exceed member expectations by providing an authentic, friendly, enthusiastic experience. At the center of our Values is delivering extraordinary experiences.
If you are the type of person to gets energy from delighting others and being the best part of their day, you may just be a perfect fit for the environment at the MAC.
About the Role
The Sr. Manager Total Rewards & HRIS will be responsible for the design, oversight & administration of Compensation, Health & Wellbeing and HRIS. You will leverage best practices, benchmarks and employment trends in the Total Rewards landscape to apply them to program design, development and implementation. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this role will require someone can successfully design and implement defined goals and manage external partners. You must be passionate about the employee experience and wholeheartedly believe in delivering an extraordinary work experience.
The Competencies You Bring
Business Acumen, Conceptual Thinking, Data Gathering & Analysis, Dealing with Ambiguity, Decision Making, Service Mindset, Relationship Builder and Individual Impact and Influence.
- Lead and administer the design and delivery of compensation elements such as market pricing, salary structures, job descriptions, salary surveys, compensation administration, incentive/bonus plans and annual salary cycle.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State wage and hour laws and oversees the determination of the FLSA exemption status for new and existing positions.
- Conducts job evaluations and researches and analyzes data to recommend appropriate pay grades and titles for new/restructured jobs to best align salaries with the markets and adhering to regulatory standards.
Health & Wellbeing
- Creates the strategy and design of a market competitive benefits & wellbeing program that will attract top talent and drive employee engagement.
- Develop an effective communication strategy and supporting materials to ensure that our benefit programs are fully understood and appropriately valued by employees.
- Manages the benefit broker and benefit vendor performance relationships, including audit management, contract processes, communications & problem resolution to ensure maximum value of services is delivered.
- Ensure all benefit & wellbeing offerings align with our benefits philosophy; optimize value of wellbeing programming, productivity, organizational performance and participant quality of life.
- Manages benefit administration system, day-to-day processing, data integrity and system upgrades/optimization to ensure information is accurate. Reconciles monthly invoices and ensures all are accurate and paid on a timely basis.
- Manage annual open enrollment process including partnering with the Communications department on development of communications materials, coordination of information sessions (as required), and administration of enrollment changes within HRIS and with benefit vendors.
- Manages leave of absence program. Communicates leave information to the appropriate parties, and ensures the Payroll has the necessary information.
- Oversees employee information in HRIS and external benefit carrier databases.
- Manage day to day HRIS activities including report development, workflow management and process changes required to support evolving business.
- Evaluate, analyze, design and maintain HRIS. Ensures system integrity and facilitate scheduled trainings in partnership with Technology and external system administrator.
- Maintain a cooperative and supportive relationship with Finance and Payroll on all HR/Payroll issues to ensure smooth and efficient processes.
- Oversees HR policies and procedures for processing personnel action changes and ensure correct and accurate processing of all changes and terminations in Dayforce HRIS.
- Advises and guides management in the interpretation and application of employee policies, statutory regulations and programs.
- Leverage Dayforce technology and look for ways to streamline and simplify processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or other related field required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Benefits or Compensation role; strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Professional certification, SHRM Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Certificate highly preferred
- Hospitality / Service industry experience preferred
- Prior experience working with Benefits systems; Compensation surveys; HRIS systems (Dayforce preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e., pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Excellent organization, time management and ability to shift priorities as needed
- Ability to work well cross-functionally with the Finance department and other departments; provides excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent written & verbal skills; Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information; Ability to communicati well with all levels of the organization; Strong interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to provide easily understood solutions
- Address 1849 SW Salmon Street Portland OR 97205