Senior Human Resource Representative (Generalist)
Does Farwest Fit You?
- Willing to learn
- Rapid advancement potential
- Shift/lead differentials
- Incentive program for employees at all levels
- Full benefits with options to suit everyone
Join a growing, dynamic company with operations across the western US! Learn more at www.farweststeel.com/careers
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Your Future Is With Farwest!
Join our growing team to support essential work in multi-state operations. We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package and pride ourselves on promoting from within!
Position Purpose: To provide Human Resources services and support to Farwest management and employees.
- Provide support to local management/supervisory group on all aspects of human capital issues – business strategy, manpower planning, performance management, organization design, etc.
- Serve as employee advocate and coach by being accessible to employees and by maintaining relationships with employees.
- Supports Departments in staffing process for external and internal placements and promotions. Post job openings, update job descriptions, screen applicants, interview, check qualifications and references, implement Fit for Work procedures, on-boarding programs and training.
- Participate in various HR Projects such as compensation, training, employee development, benefit planning/rollout, etc.
- Monitor changes in HR laws, regulations and procedures and coordinate with rest of HR team to ensure that policies, procedures and processes are in legal compliance. Train supervisory staff as appropriate. Stay current with best HR practices.
- Benefits administration and protected leave (FMLA, ADA, OFLA, WS, USSERA, etc.) compliance, correspondence, and tracking.
- Under direction of HR Director, conduct investigations (formal and informal) of employee complaints, sexual harassment claims, discrimination, etc.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, business or closely related field with 5+ years of directly related HR work experience. Will consider other combination of work experience and education.
- ADP experience a strong plus.
- Prefer HR experience in 300+ employee manufacturing facility.
- Strong technical skills in employee relations, HR Consulting, Compensation and Benefits and Staffing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize word-processing, spreadsheets, and other PC functions at an advanced level.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of material handled.
- Strong understanding of employment law.
- Extremely strong problem-solving skills
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Farwest Steel Corporation & Affiliates participate in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Open https://tcs.adp.com/screen/index.html?cc=farweststeel
- Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
- Click on Continue to begin
- Please answer each question
- Eligible candidates will be asked to Click Finish and Electronically Sign to complete the interview.
- Ineligible candidates will be asked to click Continue to finish the interview. You will not be asked to electronically sign.
*ADP will contact WOTC-eligible new hires via email or text to request proof of age or address documentation, when needed.