About Education Northwest: Education Northwest is a 50+-year-old non-profit organization whose mission and values are dedicated to helping diverse educational communities reach their full potential. We partner with schools, districts, communities and organizations to expand their capacity in order to assist learners of all ages achieve their full potential. Our research, evaluation, professional development, e-learning, and technical assistance services are highly regarded in the industry resulting in relevant, timely, and actionable outcomes for our clients. Established in 1966, we were first funded as part of the civil rights movement and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion remain a core value to this day. Education Northwest is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, has remote staff in 8 states, and is unionized.
Position Overview: The Senior HR Generalist will utilize their skills, knowledge and experience as they lead talent acquisition efforts, onboarding, employee relations, leave management, and policy development and implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively reinforce and model behavior that centers Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility in all aspects of work.
- Responsible for the recruitment and onboarding of staff at all levels of the organization.
- Manage onboarding program so that new staff members are provided with the information and relationships they need to succeed.
- Provide support on complex employee and labor relations issues. Guide supervisors through the performance management and planning processes.
- Work with supervisors to create job descriptions and perform salary and job grade assessments.
- Ensure compliance with the CBA (collective bargaining agreement); actively participate in contract negotiations.
- Maintain organizational compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in HR.
- Manage all leaves of absence and ADA accommodations according to federal and state regulations.
- Develop and maintain Affirmative Action programs; complete all other required federal contractor reporting.
- Provide employee benefits education and/or issue resolution. Work in partnership with Director of Human Resources for renewals and Benefits Advisory Committee coordination.
- Lead the Safety Committee, oversee OSHA compliance, and manage Workers Compensation claims.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SCP) strongly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in professional level HR including talent acquisition, employee relations, employment law, and benefits.
- Ability to problem solve through a mix of critical thinking, persuasion and culture/relational building skills.
- Desire to embrace changing employment law and workplace norms and successfully weave the changes into the organization.
- Experience working in a professional service, education, non-profit and/or unionized environment preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate in writing and in person.
- Experience and/or enthusiasm in working in culturally diverse environments with a commitment to equity.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. They include sitting at a desk or in meetings for long periods of time, manual and finger dexterity for operation of a personal computer, evening and out-of-office meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0ue6i/
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled.
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $80,000-$90,000
Benefits: Education Northwest offers generous benefits, including a 13% retirement contribution, 20 days of PTO during the first year, 10 paid holidays, medical and vision insurance with 100% employer-paid premium for employees, low-cost dental insurance, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, free annual Trimet pass, and an onsite fitness center.