How To Apply: Please visit www.pps.net/jobs and use job number 24868 to access the full job description and apply.
Salary: $107,047 – $127,820 per year
Portland Public Schools (PPS) is actively seeking a Senior Partner – Employee & Labor Relations who will provide advice, guidance and assistance to District administrators, staff and association partners on a variety of employment and employee performance issues; perform routine-to-highly complex investigations on employee related issues; prepare, respond to, recommend and resolve employee and bargaining unit grievances and employee relations issues; lead and participate in developing and implementing programs which sustain a richly diverse, inclusionary workforce and supports the district’s education and equity initiatives.
With the District’s focus on eliminating systemic racism and its adverse impact on student learning, we seek to hire individuals who bring to our district a deep commitment to racial equity and social justice.
To learn more about Portland Public Schools, please check out our profile at https://www.themuse.com/profiles/portlandpublicschools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Legal Studies, Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience conducting highly complex, multi-faceted labor/management investigations, serving as the employer representative in collective bargaining and arbitration hearings and developing and conducting employee performance management and investigation trainings, or 3 years as an Employee and Labor Relations Manager with Portland Public Schools.
- A J.D. or LL.M will substitute for 3 years of the required experience at the Senior Partner – Employee and Labor Relations level.
- Any other combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the candidate is likely to possess the skills essential for this role may be considered.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or notice of exception at the time of hire.
- Address Portland, OR 97227 US