Our personnel are critical to our organization and the programs we deliver. Medical Teams International delivers on our bold and aspirational goals through strategically utilizing staff and volunteers. As a Recruiter for Medical Teams International, you will play a key role in the implementation of our global people strategy and will focus on a key client group across the volunteer and staffing needs of the organization. Responsible for the full life cycle of the recruiting process, you’ll contribute to the calling of Medical Teams by matching our vacancies with passionate, talented and qualified candidates. As a member of our team you will provide critical talent insights to help inform and improve our recruiting process and play an integral role in shaping and scaling our recruiting program.
As a Medical Teams Senior Recruiter, you will:
Candidate Sourcing & Screening
- Contribute to strategic workforce planning and needs assessment process.
- Support client group managers in assessing vacancy requirements/recruiting needs and developing recruitment strategies and plans for the coming fiscal year.
- Work in close partnership with client group managers to achieve recruitment objectives for assigned positions by verifying appropriate position and budget requirements.
- Provide end-to-end process support to client group managers and HR staff, to fill specific vacancies.
- Develop, build and maintain candidate relationships through ongoing communications regarding questions, updates and status during the interview process.
- Provide regular updates to client group managers on search progress and determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
Interviewing & Selection
- Conduct effective screening, interviewing, and assessments for the best candidates for a position match.
- Shortlist candidates for assigned positions from own and other sourcing pools and present candidate short-list to hiring managers.
- Coordinate interview schedule for short-listed candidates with appropriate client group managers.
- Capture and manage candidate interview results and selection decisions.
- Provide feedback to candidates on interview results and selection decisions.
- Manage the new hire/volunteer placement process including ensuring all appropriate documentation is completed.
- Coordinate with Recruitment Coordinator to ensure appropriate orientation/on-boarding support is provided to new personnel.
- Close communication loop with client group managers/stakeholders regarding vacancy fill & start date.
Ongoing, Exit & Transfer Support
- Provide support to HR for managing personnel data in personnel files/HR data systems
- Utilize applicant tracking system efficiently to ensure consistent, timely and accurate data entry
- Generate status and financial reports as needed and participate in continuous quality improvement of the process (i.e. tracking applicants to requisitions, statusing applicants within the system, entering hire/offer data, log interview information, notes and other types of applicable data)
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and trends in recruitment, organizational policies, benefits and compensation.
Supervision and Ownership
- In addition to the specific client group portfolio, also be responsible for support, direction and supervision of two Recruitment Coordinators
- Work with the Recruitment Manager to lead and take prime ownership for specific department initiatives as assigned
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies
- Plan events for department.
- Utilize volunteers whenever possible.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field , or equivalent (8 years) experience
- 5 years of recruiting experience.
- Human resources, and volunteer/customer service coordination.
- Management experience.
- Previous employment experience with a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Experience living and communicating cross-culturally in a relief/development setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Results oriented and self-starter who enjoys a challenge and is dedicated to getting things done.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and decision making skills with ability to perform at all levels in areas of responsibility.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills who inspires confidence and builds relationship with all levels in the organization.
- Strong influence, partnership, and relationship building skills, with a customer-focus.
- Problem solver who can prioritize tasks and work collaboratively across organization departments.
- Conducts recruitment responsibilities in a professional, responsive, innovative, ethical and cost-effective manner.
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking and HRIS systems.
- Working knowledge of interview techniques and applicant screening methods.
- Familiar with a wide variety of sourcing avenues.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook email and Calendaring.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, copy machine, and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.