The Senior Specialist in Training and Employee Development will ensure an equity and justice centered approach to all training and communication programs while developing and implementing HR training for managers and employees. This position will also partner with Global Diversity and Inclusion in developing DEI-specific training for PSU employees. This position will report to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources. This position is limited duration and is funded through June 30, 2024.
– Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of 4 years training development, employee relations, HR generalist, or a combination of other relevant experience, which could include supervisory experience.
– Ability to persuade others and to adjust communication style to suit the audience to effectively communicate with people in all levels of an organization.
– Excellent writing skills, including conveying all necessary points concisely.
– Excellent critical thinking, judgement and decision-making ability, including the ability to weigh short and long-term costs and benefits of a potential action.
– Effective at managing own time and time of others with high volume workloads.
– Ability to work well under pressure and to handle conflict with the highest professionalism.
– Strong project management skills.
– Strong people management skills, preferably gained through managing and developing teams.
– High level of emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal skills.
– Experience in a large, complex organization.
– Experience in an environment with a unionized workforce.
– Experience in higher education and public sector.
– Experience in successfully building and leading a team.
|Key Cultural Competencies||
Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.