Specialist, Manufacturing Training & Development
Typical Base Salary Range of $70,000-$90,000
Please Refer to Req #24-023
At Leupold and Stevens, World Class Manufacturing is not simply a goal, it’s a way of life. We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards for safety, quality, and performance. We’re creating a work environment that demands continuous learning and ongoing skills development. Timely and effective technical training solutions are foundational to the High-Performance culture we have been building here for decades.
This critical role in technical training requires a readiness to engage with production teams, technical support groups, and leadership in a way that fosters true collaboration. The work involves the development and delivery of training programs that support the organization’s commitment to continuous improvement at all levels. The work also requires effective communication skills, as well as strong administrative and organizational abilities.
To be the best, it takes the best. If what you’ve seen and heard about Leupold and Stevens excites you, consider learning more about this opportunity today.
Our benefits package is amazing:
- affordable health and dental insurance
- a strong commitment to training and professional development including an internal skills development program for all manufacturing team members
- a generous tuition reimbursement program
- company contributions up to 8% of base pay into a 401K retirement account
- profit sharing
- and great product discounts (to name a few)
What You’ll be Doing as a Specialist, Manufacturing Training & Development:
Creates, coordinates, and administers cost-effective employee and organizational training and development opportunities that ensure employees possess the skills and knowledge needed to successfully perform in their roles and to accomplish both current and future strategic initiatives.
- Conducts detailed assessments of current employee skills for use in both current and future development plans, addressing technical skills and knowledge gaps that affect performance for the organization, department and/or divisional team, and for individual employees.
- Works with leads, trainers, supervisors and division leaders in development and delivery of technical training to close technical skills and knowledge gaps. Monitors employee and organizational progress relative to technical skills and knowledge goals.
- Designs, develops, and implements employee technical training programs that address company technical training needs including production cross-training, cross-functional training, apprenticeship programs, employee development plans and other assigned training and development initiatives.
- Sets up and administers programs and/or processes to measure training and development impact.
- Leads the development and implementation of the Skills Development Program.
- Sources, evaluates, negotiates pricing, and selects trainers for subject areas outside of area of personal training expertise.
- Supports the Company’s Continuous Feedback System by linking technical training and development activities and initiatives to relevant and required job knowledge, skills, and competencies.
- Develops organization’s technical training structure, leveraging staff from other divisions and identifying training coordinators and subject-matter experts in major functional groups. Coordinates technical training needs and activities with them and department/division management.
- Coordinates the development or sourcing of technical training and development curriculum, materials, and methods. Works closely with departmental subject matter experts and other resources in the development of these programs.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external technical training programs and consultants. Negotiates and purchases materials or training services as appropriate.
- Keeps up to date with current and newly evolving training trends, technologies, philosophies, and approaches.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Skills & Experience You’ll Need as a Specialist, Manufacturing Training & Development:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university with major course work in education, communication, human resources, organizational development, business administration, or a related field and 7-10+ years’ experience initiating, developing, and implementing training and development programs and activities for all levels of employees and leadership, preferably in a manufacturing environment and optimally, in a manufacturing environment where a demand flow or Lean environment exists.
- Requires outstanding verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to lead by example.
- Must have excellent facilitation, presentation, and classroom training skills.
- Must be skilled at Task Analysis and the development of technical documents for use in training, assessment, and reporting.
- Must be computer literate in MS Office products or similar word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database management applications.
Work Environment for a Specialist, Manufacturing Training & Development:
Most work takes place in a standard office environment with regular exposure to a manufacturing/or production floor environment.
For details on positions and to apply, go to:
Leupold & Stevens, Inc.
14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway
Beaverton, Oregon 97006
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. A core business objective at Leupold & Stevens is to maintain a workplace in which each employee can achieve their full potential. The company was founded on the principle of giving customers and our team members ‘A Square Deal’; to us, this means advocating for the employment opportunities and advancements of all individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We resolutely believe all aspects and privileges of employment should be determined by skills and behaviors, not personal identities.
* With our commitment to make our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities, we will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for an individual applicant to participate in the job application process. To request an accommodation to the application process, please send an email to HRDept@Leupold.com or call (503) 646-9171 and a Leupold & Stevens representative will contact you.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is a drug free workplace. All final candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. complies with all applicable FAR & DFAR regulations.
* We hire U.S. citizens and persons lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. All new employees must complete an INS Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9). Positions may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Leupold & Stevens, Inc.’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Address 14400 NW Greenbrier Pkwy