The Sr. Compensation Analyst supports the development and design of compensation programs for all employee groups. Advises and consults with Physician leaders, executives, managers, supervisors and employees on compensation. Monitors the legal status of programs.
Join our medical group
Northwest Permanente is a self-governed (physician-led), multi-specialty group of 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for 630,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Kaiser Permanente is one of the nation’s pre-eminent health care systems, a benchmark for comprehensive, integrated, value-based, and high-quality care.
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Supports compensation program execution. Proactively identifies key organizational and department issues and assists in shaping the overall strategic direction of specified programs or initiatives.
- Proactively communicates and negotiates with key stakeholders on priorities, goals, targets in pursuit of program success and plan fulfillment. May provide oversight to program support team in all aspects of the programs or projects that may impact or be impacted. Provides high quality, cost effective project management, analytic and technical expertise.
Job analysis and review
- Evaluates jobs for placement in pay structure by reviewing job descriptions, determining FLSA status, collecting and analyzing market data, and reviewing similar positions internally to ensure internal equity
- Performs job evaluations of positions, including gathering data relevant to job studies, extracting market data from various surveys.
- Advises and consults with managers and supervisors on job design, compensation, policy and program development, implementation and/or administration.
- Provides training and consultation to managers, supervisors &/or HR professionals on compensation subject matter.
Consultation and Analysis
- Provides expertise and consultation on compensation programs to drive measurable, significant results. Has knowledge of state and federal regulations to assure that the programs comply.
- Facilitates the annual non-physician staff compensation increase process including salary structure changes, salary increase budget, additional market adjustments or special pay program changes.
- Identifies and participates in salary surveys, analyzes data and makes recommendations for changes.
- Uses analytic/problem solving skills (information gathering, decision making, strategic thinking, judgment, persuasion, and influence).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Human resources with a focus in Compensation, Payroll, or another discipline that includes salary or compensation negotiations/discussion with either managers or employees
- Ability to work well under changing priorities and deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Thorough knowledge and practical understanding of human resources function and state and federal employment regulations including FLSA and Antitrust laws
- Broad understanding of the business and the role each functional area plays
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret company policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze market survey data and identify trends
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft excel, including the use of vlookups, pivot tables and advanced formulas
Physical Requirements and Work environment
- This job is performed in a normal office environment
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on a telephone
- Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment such as a copy machine, printer, or calculator
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, human resources or related field
- CCP Certification
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications
- Seven (7) years’ experience in Compensation, specifically in job analysis and review, as well as department structure.
- Experience providing guidance to managers and supervisors on job formatting, department structure and individual employee placement.
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience with UKG Pro/ Ultimate Software
- Consulting experience
Equal opportunity employer
At Northwest Permanente, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente believes that equity, inclusion, and diversity among our employees are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Address 500 NE Multnomah St., Suite 100, Portland, OR 97232