Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Do Right By Every Bite.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce. At Tillamook, we believe that inclusion and diversity are central to our cultural strategy. In order to achieve our growth ambition and compete and win in the marketplace, we believe we make better decisions and build stronger teams when we invite and rely on diverse perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures into our work and to fuel our innovation and growth. To us this means creating a climate of inclusion where all employees feel valued and a sense of belonging. We believe this will make us a better consumer brand and employer.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
The Sr. Learning and Development (L&D) Specialist plays a key role in the design, implementation, and execution of learning and development, onboarding, and inclusion and diversity programs as well as administrative and planning tasks related to these functions. The successful candidate should have facilitation and design experience.
The Sr. L&D Specialist will support the Senior L&D Manager in meeting the learning & development strategic goals for the organization to develop and retain top talent and achieve business objectives. This position will work across the entire organization to design and facilitate both new and existing learning & development programs such as professional and leadership development, interactive onboarding experiences, facilitation of team learning sessions, and development of curriculum and learning material. The incumbent must foster cross-functional relationships across the business regardless of job level and role and embody our shared value of One Team.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Consult with department leaders to assess training needs and match the need with appropriate solutions.
- Build and cultivate relationships with People and Culture Business Partners and leaders to meet Learning & Development needs across the organization.
- Facilitate training programs on topics such as communication, supervisor basics, performance management, and more.
- Design robust conversation guides for weekly leadership meetings across the business and linking leadership learning needs to organization’s business goals
- Develop curriculum and learning opportunities integrating our inclusion and diversity framework into our culture and leadership competencies.
- Translate best practices in I&D into readily consumable resources and programs aligned to business need.
- Coordinate and assess training and education on inclusion and diversity topics.
- Partner with Employee Services to create and manage a robust onboarding program for new employees and new leaders.
- Support performance management and review process education for supervisors and employees by managing training documentation and facilitating training.
- Continually evaluate training materials, progress, and procedures to monitor and analyze course effectiveness and recommend updates to curriculum as needed.
- Facilitation of offsite content on change management and cross functional team effectiveness modules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Bachelor’s in human resources or a related field preferred or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years-experience in facilitating, coaching, training change mgmt, organizational design and instructional design preferred.
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and its application in face-to-face and e-learning trainings.
- Excellent professional communication skills (both verbal and written) via phone, email and in person. Strong ability to listen deeply, discover the needs and connect to appropriate solutions.
- Able to manage multiple projects at once, navigate dependencies, bring all work to completion on schedule, and successfully coordinate and prioritize.
- Computer and technology skills including the Microsoft Office Suite, with intermediate excel and analysis skills
- Approachable and astute in adapting to various levels of employees and consulting with leaders
- Experience in inclusion and diversity work is strongly preferred.
- Certification in Insights Discovery a plus.
- Position requires the ability to sit and/or stand for 4 hours or more at a time.
- May be required to lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AA