POSITION: Sr. Learning & Development Specialist (Exempt)
SALARY: $71,227.00 – $110,343.00 Annually
APPLY ONLINE: https://www.portofportland.com/Careers
As part of a high-performing HR team, this position will apply learning expertise and creativity to programs that engage employees in their development. The successful candidates will have a strong sense of team and collaboration, who will collaborate with HR Business Partners to identify organizational development and employee development needs and solutions for the business. This person will share our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion and will help advance programs, development opportunities, and training that promote equitable outcomes for all.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, design, and develop training resources for a variety of employee programs to include onboarding, performance coaching and management, first-line supervisory, and leadership development.
- Evaluate training initiatives and assess applicability of a variety of training modalities.
- Deliver workshops and other learning events to support professional and management development needs.
- Utilize multiple delivery formats, including instructor-led training, virtual instructor-led training, and written materials.
- Source and partner with vendors as needed.
- Design, develop and deliver Organizational Development interventions to improve team effectiveness across the organization.
- Conduct and deliver team assessments.
- Design and deliver leadership coaching at multiple levels across the Port.
- Provide one-to-one leadership coaching.
- Assess, design and lead innovative continuous improvement solutions to support individual, team, business unit and organizational effectiveness.
- Conduct learning needs assessment and solutions using learning models e.g. ADDIE, SAM, Agile Learning.
- Manage eLearning program.
- Source and partner with vendors to address customer requests and design and develop custom courses as needed.
- Maintain library in the Port’s learning management system (LMS) with fresh and engaging content.
- Serve as Business Group Administrator for leadership development program.
- Remain current on adult learning trends, diversity, equity and inclusion, assessment and learning methodologies, and content and research pertaining to successful professional development programs.
- Bring best practices to Port solutions by networking with external peers and keeping up to date with latest trends in talent and organizational development programs.
- Bachelors degree in human resources, organizational development, adult education, business, psychology or other related field is preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience is required. Masters degree in adult development and learning is desirable.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ progressive experience in curriculum and instructional design and development of learning programs and/or in organizational development is required.
- Working knowledge of Human Resources functions and business practices, including performance management, organizational development and effectiveness, and team development strategies is required.
- Advanced knowledge of adult training development, design and delivery, eLearning and training evaluation is required.
- Human Resource-related certification (e.g PHR, SPHR), DiSC and Hogan assessments, and/or performance coaching certification is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Dynamic public speaking/presentation skills with the ability to perform group training and meeting facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability with instructional design, development and delivery for instructor-led, eLearning and blending approaches.
- Skilled at conducting individual and team assessments.
- Well-organized with the ability to track training and meeting logistics coordination.
- Willingness to promotes safety as a guiding principle and a regular practice in accomplishing work; focuses on safety improvements and complies with safety and health policies and procedures.
- Proven team plays who shows the utmost respect for others.
- Work effectively in an environment where results-focus, efficiency, collaboration and customer service are required behavioral competencies.
- Utilize a number of standard software applications with an above average or advanced level (applications include: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook, and learning management system).
- Efficiently organize data and make recommendations based on the data and experience to senior management.
- Present information to a diverse cross-functional audiences (bargaining unit employees, exempt employees, managers and executives).
- Work independently and make sound decisions in the absence of specific direction.
- Demonstrate commitment to valuing differences among individuals and passion for being inclusive.
- Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don’t just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
- Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
- Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other highly sensitive positions.
- ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that they need an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6000
APPLY ONLINE: https://www.portofportland.com/Careers
For application closing date, visit our website.
- Address 7200 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97218