The Senior Recruiter works directly with department Chiefs, physician team leaders, NWP leadership, NWP Director of Recruitment and Retention, and candidates to achieve staffing targets for Portland/Vancouver, Mid-Valley, and Longview/Kelso service delivery systems. Accountable for effective outreach, screening, interviewing and facilitating the hiring of regular staff, locum tenens, moonlighters, non-physician clinicians and administrative staff in the Northwest Region.
Join Our Medical Group
Northwest Permanente is a self-governed, physician-led, multi-specialty group of 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for 630,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Kaiser Permanente is one of the nation’s pre-eminent health care systems, a benchmark for comprehensive, integrated, value-based, and high-quality care.
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Determines with recruiting partners the criteria for selection of clinical and administrative staff; train KPB managers on recruiting processes for administrative staff; train Chiefs and their recruiting teams on recruiting processes for physicians and clinical staff. Ensure effective working relationships with department leadership to facilitate successful hiring.
Act as primary contact for interested candidates, providing detailed information regarding practice opportunities with NWP. Explain position requirements, hiring processes and complex compensation and benefits package. Invites selected candidates to interview.
Participates in on-site interviews for selected candidates. Prepares written salary and benefit analysis for detailed presentation of first-year financial package. Resolves difficult salary and other employment issue with candidates. Negotiates with candidate for final financial package. Presents preliminary employment offers at the request of department Chiefs. Assists in development and maintenance of standard contract for all hires.
Collaborates with physicians and department leadership to develop recruiting strategies for successful and cost-effective searches. Requires thorough knowledge of professional search profiles and detailed knowledge of outreach options. Manages candidates through ICIM’s and other recruitment reporting systems
Designs and develops high impact marketing materials, collateral, web content and outreach strategies to secure prospective candidates. These strategies include, but are not limited to, print and on-line advertisements, electronic bulletins, e-mail blasts, mailers and other digital advertising strategies
Researches, recommends and attends local, regional and national conferences and residency/fellowship programs to source candidates and increase brand awareness, exposure and search visibility
Monitors initial credentialing function for professional staff. Screens credentials of all candidates, per the standards set by NCQA, JCAHO, MDQC and the NWP Board of Directors. Collaborates with RQRM Department to ensure that all physicians and clinician staff hired complete the credentialing process timely and in compliance. Provides direction to recruiting staff for necessary follow-up regarding training, licensing, sanctions and other credentialing/privileging issues. Must be knowledgeable and conversant in all aspects of above NWP/regulatory requirements.
Collaborates with Director of Recruitment and Retention, managers, and department Chiefs on a regular basis to discuss workforce planning, recruitment strategies, candidate pools and processes. Provides frequent consultation to executive leadership regarding innovative recruiting processes, more timely/aggressive recruiting techniques, and follow-up issues with candidates
Acts as a consultant to NWP Executive Leadership Team and the Compensation and Benefits Committee regarding staffing issues
Collaborates with recruitment teams of National Permanente Medical Groups to facilitate more cost-effective and efficient ways to market Permanente in print, at conventions and in other outreach opportunities. Successfully completes special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, human resources or related areas
Minimum Work Experience
- Eight (8) years progressive recruiting or business related experience in multi-site healthcare or business organizations
- Thorough knowledge of strategies and resources to effectively recruit physicians and other non-physician clinicians.
- Thorough knowledge of NWP and KPNW employment practices, financial packages, and hiring standards. Working knowledge of clinical operations.
- Working knowledge of regulatory agencies applicable to NWP and KPNW including JCAHO, NCQA, Board of Medical Examiners, and other state/federal consumer agencies as they pertain to recruitment and hiring standards for physicians and other clinicians.
- Working knowledge of employment law including EEOC requirements, state labor laws, immigration and ADA requirements.
- High level of interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; exceptional customer service skills.
- Skilled in complex consulting and interacting effectively with all levels of leadership within and outside NWP, with strong ability to guide and influence in sensitive situations.
- Strong negotiation, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to utilize UltiPro, internet and office systems as recruiting tools.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively work as part of a team.
- Strategic analysis and strong analytical and problem solving skills to diagnose complex staffing issues.
- Ability to conduct effective interviews with professional staff, evaluate candidates and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to continuously assess and improve recruiting systems and processes and to initiate staff development.
- Master’s degree in business, marketing, human resources or closely related areas
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications
- Five (5) years of physician recruiting experience in multi-site healthcare organizations
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Northwest Permanente, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente believes that equity, inclusion, and diversity among our employees are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Address 500 NE Multnomah St, Portland OR 97232