At PGE, our work involves dreaming about, planning for, and realizing a smarter, cleaner, more enduring Oregon neighborhood. Its core to our DNA and we haven’t stopped since we started in 1888. We energize lives, strengthen communities and drive advancements in energy that promote social, economic and environmental progress. We’re always on the lookout for people passionate about leading and being a part of teams that are advancing innovative clean energy solutions that are also affordable and accessible to all.
Job Function Summary
Manages or supervises multiple functions within the Customer Service job family.
Key Job Information
Supervisor, Customer Service 6449
Career Level: M1
Supervisor: Supervises the daily activities of business support, technicians and/or production teams
Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion, coordinates work activities with other supervisors
Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and the local business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager
Typically, does not perform the work supervised
Management Supervises one or more teams or individuals responsible for customer service activities for assigned team or teams; provides daily supervision, ensuring that all relevant standards/procedures are followed; provides coaching and guidance; monitors team and individual performance metrics; suggests and recommends process improvements; reviews quality of customer interactions and provides guidance to employees; develops and implements plans to onboard new employees; develops and delivers work expectations and monitors compliance.
Strategy and Planning Either collaboratively or individually (depending on position), develops and implements strategy and vision for team; collaborates with other departments to ensure overall delivery of positive customer experience; collaboratively or individually develops scorecard metrics for team; develops and implements plans to facilitate employee engagement.
Research and Special Projects Depending on specialty area(s), may perform any of the following duties: investigate employee issues and recommend actions; research and resolve escalated customer complaints or unusually complex or difficult situations; serve as a subject matter expert on or lead projects or initiatives.
Vendor Management Depending on specialty area(s), may manage vendor relationships, including selecting vendors, establishing metrics and service level agreements, monitoring vendor performance and working with vendors to resolve issues.
Financial Management Monitors and manages expenditures, ensuring financial targets are met, and examines any areas where budgets/expenditures vary from plan, monitor and optimize operational effectiveness.
Resourcing May develop resource plans for team; implements resourcing decisions; partners with HR and other leaders in the recruitment, evaluation and selection processes.
Professional Development Maintains knowledge of skill-development tools/resources; advises on required outcomes for learning or development from knowledge of available tools and organizational development needs; assists employees in creating development plans and monitors progress.
Education Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or other related field or equivalent experience.
Experience Prefer five or more years of customer service experience with one year of formal or informal leadership experience. Utility experience preferred. Depending on position, experience in specialty area may be preferred or required.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Advanced knowledge of area(s) supervised
- Advanced knowledge of customer service processes and procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of tariffs and utility-related regulations
- Intermediate knowledge of employment law
- Intermediate skills in strategy setting
- Working knowledge of systems used in department
- Working knowledge of trends and practices in customer service
- Intermediate skills in project management
- Intermediate skills in using data
- Advanced skills in customer focus
- Advanced skills intact and diplomacy
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Intermediate influence skills
- Advanced skills in organization and prioritization
- Advanced communication skills
- Intermediate process management skills
- Intermediate problem-solving skills
- Intermediate performance management skills
- Drives Results
- Plans and Aligns
- Decision Quality
- Drives Engagement
Physical and Cognitive Demands
Substantial: Consistent use of logic or scientific thinking to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions (for example, engineer, HR director, plant manager, etc.).
- Ability to adhere to set response times, deadlines and time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to follow accuracy standards
- Ability to follow through on decision-making tasks
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to communicate and problem solve when under stress
- Ability to respond and adapt to frequent change
- Ability to accept and demonstrate self-awareness when provided constructive feedback
- Ability to discern feedback and acknowledge ownership of areas of improvement
- Ability to avoid future mistakes by applying reasonable skills to new but similar work situations or tasks
- Ability to successfully collaborate with peers, managers and others within the organization Demonstrates sound memory
- Ability to process new information to be applied consistently to work tasks
- Ability to work long hours
- Ability to work a variable schedule
- Ability to report to work and perform work during periods of severe inclement weather
- Ability to consistently meet attendance standards for regular, reliable, predictable, full-time attendance
- Ability to work shift schedule
- Ability to work on-call schedule
Environment – Hybrid minimum of two days on-site
Join us today and power your potential!
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
PGE believes in rewarding dedicated performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
PGE does not discriminate on the basis of disability. We recognize individuals have a variety of abilities to offer and we believe there is much to value and celebrate by incorporating different abilities into the work we do. One very important way we live this out is in our application and interview process. We work hard to support individuals who may need an accommodation to fully participate in these processes. If you feel you may need an accommodation, or would like to request one, please notify the Talent Acquisition Specialist (Recruiter) associated with the job posting. You may also make this request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 503-464-7250. The Recruiter will provide information and next steps for the accommodation process. Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) team is also available for support. You can contact them at email@example.com.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. Posting closes at midnight (Pacific Time) on the closing date below. If no date is listed, job is open until filled. https://portlandgeneral.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/pgn/details/Supervisor-Customer-Service_R4149-1?q=R4149&_ga=2.84389274.200697493.1655237018-1851697661.1608050380