This Talent Acquisition & Recruitment Specialist position is responsible for interviewing, testing, and hiring applicants for specialized positions, including licensed, classified and transportation positions. The Recruiter must possess considerable skill in sourcing and interviewing techniques, should be able to develop long-term recruiting strategies and develop trusting relationships with potential hires, as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources management, business, public administration, and/or other related fields; or Associate’s Degree or equivalent and two years of progressively responsible human resources management experience.
- Experience in recruiting.
- Familiarity with social media, resume databases and professional networks.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs).
- Full-cycle recruiter experience.
- Working in a K-12 education setting.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential or Professional Human Capital Leader in Education (pHCLE) certification.
- Bilingual and bicultural skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete a quarterly recruitment strategic plan report which will include an online presence, involve community marketing, creative new methods to recruit applicants to fill open positions.
- Report bi-annually on the results of recruitment strategies that have been implemented and impact they have had on reducing the number of open positions.
- Developing and conducting recruitment outreach.
- Process job requisitions and coordinate with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s).
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments and in-person and virtual interviews.
- Coordinate appropriate employment testing and conducts employment verifications as needed.
- Make independent decisions in hiring staff for the Transportation Department, Substitutes and others as may be assigned.
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events; and hosting or participating in career events.
- Extend verbal and written contingent job offers.
- Coordinate background checks and new-hire drug testing, as applicable.
- Conduct orientations and on-boarding of all processes for new employees.
- Follow up with the related clerical aspects of employment, such as completing of employment forms, notifying the department and Human Resources of employee’s starting date and the requisition the employee is filling, etc.
- Working with the Benefits Department, coordinate the scheduling of new employee’s benefits orientation.
- Complete weekly report on employment activity.
- When needed, provide District representation at unemployment hearings.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Supervise staff as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.