Position Title: Talent Acquisition and Retention Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Chief HR Officer
Compensation: Administrative Salary Schedule
Days per year: 230
NW REGIONAL ESD’S MISSION STATEMENT: In partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
The Talent Acquisition and Retention Manager is a critical part of the NWRESD leadership team in achieving the agency’s mission. The successful candidate will collaborate with department supervisors/ managers and proactively identify future hiring needs, specifically focusing on increasing the candidate pool to reflect demographics that mirror those of the students in our region.
The Talent Acquisition and Retention Manager will attract candidates to NWRESD positions using various resources, including social media, establishing strong relationships with K12 educational partners, networking with community partners, and increasing employee referrals. The candidate will also have a strong understanding of retention strategies, particularly strategies that assist in retaining diverse candidates.
The ideal candidate holds an academic HR background combined with work experience in sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessing and retaining candidates. Work in the field of K12 is also a plus. The successful candidate will have an immediate impact on how NWRESD builds and retains its educational team.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Outstanding communication and relationship-building skills to inspire top candidates to join NWRESD
2. Strong background/knowledge of best practice in the field of recruiting
3. Experience with team-based project management
4. Knowledge of effective use of search engines, job sites, social networks, and other tools
5. Hands on experience with recruiting software, HR information systems, or HR management systems
6. Proven record of achieving hiring goals and forming strong relationships with hiring managers
7. Organized, detail-oriented and results driven
8. Ability to make decisions independently and to use initiative and judgment in accomplishing tasks following overall policies and objectives
9. Supervision of staff as needed
10. State issued valid driver’s license; willingness and ability to travel
11. 3+ years of proven experience in recruitment, selection, admissions, or other human capital work; full cycle recruitment and hiring preferred
12. BA/BS in Human Resources Management or Education preferred
Include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Design and implement a full cycle recruiting and retention strategy for NWRESD positions
2. Develop a recruiting strategy specifically designed to increase diverse candidates in all applicant pools for NWRESD positions
3. Partner with hiring managers to identify recruitment needs and implement strategies to develop recruiting pipeline
4. Assist hiring managers to create a compelling interview process and experience for the candidates
5. Foster alignment of recruitment messaging and outreach in collaboration with the Communications department
6. Identify and maintain partnerships with key recruitment pipeline organizations
7. Develop and manage NWRESD intern program for positions outside student teaching
8. Maintain candidate records and track recruitment metrics (e.g., candidates yielded by each source, time to hire, etc.) to evaluate and improve hiring efficiency
9. Plan and execute recruitment and selection events including, but not limited to job fairs, interview days, college campus visits, internship development
10. Create sustainable and replicable hiring strategies, policies, processes and tools to support and facilitate the hiring of qualified candidates
11. Develop and expand knowledge of the local educational landscape and top human capital recruitment strategies for K12
12. Provide input to development of applicant tracking systems
13. Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
14. Participate in the planning and delivery of strategic onboarding, including processes and partnerships to focus on retention strategies to meet the needs of diverse new hires
15. Promote NWRESDs reputation as an “employer where staff of all backgrounds thrive”
16. Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, word of mouth, etc.
17. Ensure that NWRESD positions are posted on all available job boards available to yield results that match the recruiting strategies
18. Facilitate an exceptional recruitment experience for all candidates
19. Screen candidates through resume reviews, phone interviews, demonstration lessons, reference checks
20. Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to teams/departments as requested
21. Act as point of contact, building candidate relationships during the selection process
• Demonstrate support for NWRESD Mission and Values and Strategic Plan Goals
• Establish and maintain a positive and respectful learning environment and working relationships with students, staff, administration, parents/guardians and community members
• Work effectively with and respond to people from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Participate in various meetings for the purpose of receiving information or sharing information and expertise with students, colleagues and parents/guardians
• Hold expectations for high performance of self
• Demonstrate computer literacy and operate software programs as related to job responsibilities
• Maintain accurate, complete and confidential records as required by law and District policy and regulations
• Maintain the integrity of confidential information relating to a student, family, colleague or NWRESD patron, and use or relay confidential information only in the course of performing assigned responsibilities
• Follow all laws, District policies, rules, regulations, memos, announcements and reasonable requests by proper authority
• Maintain regular attendance at work and work activities and punctuality regarding deadlines, meeting attendance and following schedules
• Work collaboratively with other departments
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of supervisors, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to identify and account for variables and understand how they apply to the practical application of the calculations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret and respond to a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to define problems and collect data.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to work collaboratively. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers. Ability to maintain confidentiality; listen to others without interrupting; remain open to others’ ideas; and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
The physical demands strength rating reflects the estimated overall strength requirements of the job. The strength rating is expressed by one of the five terms: Sedentary, Light, Medium, Heavy and Very Heavy. This position is classified as Light. Human Resources has available detailed descriptions of physical demands for agency positions. During the final hiring process, you will need to review physical demands of your position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is generally performed in an office environment with usually low noise levels. Travel to various sites may be required. Work is performed in a standard office setting. Daily:
• Requires regular focus on a computer screen
• May be required to sit, stand, keyboard, write, hear and speak for extended periods of time
• Precise control of fingers and hand movements required.
• Work activities may include bending, stooping, kneeling
• Dealing with distraught or difficult individuals
The description contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload. NWRESD believes that every individual makes a significant contribution to our success. The administration reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary that still reflect the essential functions of the department. It is our expectation that every employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the ESD’s goals.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NWRESD recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of NWRESD that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veteran’s status, genetic information or disability in any educational programs, activities, or employment.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Chief Human Resources Officer at 503-614-1482 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.