About This Opportunity
- Are you motivated to help shape talent acquisition strategy and process?
- Are you interested in cultivating relationships with our candidates by investing the time to paint a picture of the role, team, work, and workplace culture?
- Are you passionate about hiring based on merit, while taking extra care to ensure the process is free from bias?
- Do you use proactive sourcing strategies to engage difficult to find candidates?
- Do you excel at juggling the details of multiple requisitions while creating a seamless recruiting experience?
- Do you enjoy being a brand ambassador, and ensuring that we are delivering a world-class candidate experience?
If the answer is “Yes!” we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
We are seeking an experienced Talent Acquisition Lead/Recruiter to develop, coordinate, and execute full-cycle recruitment and talent acquisition activities. These activities include external recruiting and internal succession and staffing plans, as well as evolution of our recruiting processes, systems, and strategies. The Talent Acquisition Lead/Recruiter contributes to Cascade’s success by developing and implementing strategies to identify high-quality, diverse candidates for positions throughout the company. They will work closely with hiring managers and internal teams to understand the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for each position, while always making company values alignment a top priority. The Talent Acquisition Lead/Recruiter is a passionate ambassador for a bias-free recruiting process, and an expert at removing real and perceived barriers for our candidates.
This is a full-time, exempt position, and reports to the Human Resources Manager. We are headquartered in Portland, OR, and have office locations in multiple other states. Therefore, we are open to a remote-based candidate, assuming a willingness to travel, as needed, once COVID restrictions have lifted. Travel is anticipated for this role approximately 15% of the time to provide recruiting support to our territories, and attend job fairs and talent networking events, as well as for some time spent at our Portland HQ.
Cascade Energy, founded in 1993, specializes in industrial energy efficiency. Today, we are a team of 160 and our work reaches throughout the Pacific Northwest and across North America, with clients ranging in size from small up to Fortune 500 companies. We are proud of our reputation and our high-quality work. We foster and value a culture of equals, initiative, and ownership. Contribution in all areas is encouraged. Cascade has offices in Portland, OR; Eugene, OR; Issaquah, WA; Walla Walla, WA; Pleasant Grove, UT; Meridian, ID; Park Ridge, IL; Pleasanton, CA; and San Diego, CA.
At Cascade Energy, we believe in better. We come to work every day with a drive for continuous improvement and we dedicate ourselves to making industrial energy efficiency happen in measurable and sustained ways. We offer energy efficiency program design and implementation, energy efficiency engineering, energy management services and software, and hands-on training and coaching.
Our teams are a reflection of our company values, which are: do the right thing; put others first; seek shared success; learn constantly; and be industrious.
You’ll likely find this opportunity attractive if you love to learn new things, have a growth mindset, and want to join a team that collectively learns from our mistakes, laughs at ourselves or a situation, all while moving towards “better”.
As a part of our team, the most important qualifications are shared values, a customer-centric approach, and an aptitude for learning. You would be a great fit for this position if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Psychology, or other field of study, or equivalent experience
- Bring 6 years or more experience executing talent acquisition strategies and relationship-based recruiting in an in-house (non-agency) environment
- Possess the ability to connect the “big picture” to the smaller details quickly and easily
- Have a professional perspective built on a foundation of talent acquisition and recruiting principals and best practices
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of how to build and leverage a broad outreach to diverse audiences, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, and other diverse and underrepresented groups
- Have the drive and creativity to utilize emerging trends and practices to ensure diverse, inclusive, and bias-free hiring practices
- Embrace all elements of communication – listening, storytelling, writing, and connecting
- Enjoy proactively and independently identifying opportunities to improve systems, processes, and tools to develop effective recruiting strategies, and to build and manage systems including metrics and reporting
- Exercise strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to adeptly juggle multiple requisitions, while delighting internal and external customers
- Have experience overseeing members of a recruiting team, preferred, but not required
Compensation & Benefits
Our total rewards include competitive pay and excellent benefits. These include health (90% paid for team member, 80% paid for dependents), vision, FSA or HSA options with an employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401k retirement plan with both a guaranteed 3% contribution and a profit sharing contribution, annual cash performance bonus, (8) paid holidays per year, paid vacation time, and paid sick time.
Cascade promotes a healthy work-life balance and appreciates employee contribution in all areas. We walk the talk about our commitment to learning constantly, with a focus on the ongoing development of every team member, and a tuition reimbursement program.
To apply, please submit an application via the Careers Page of our website. Applications will not be considered without a resume and cover letter (.pdf please) describing what about our team or the position resonates with you, and how your experience could make you a great fit for the role. Professional references will be requested from finalists.
- Please, no phone calls.
- Please, no outside recruiters or agencies.
- Cascade Energy is not able to provide sponsorship for work authorization in the U.S.