***This is a Temporary Position (duration up to approximately 4 months)***
OHSU’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic has been immense. We are experiencing significant demands for staffing and recruitment of positions, including many hard to fill roles. At this time, our recruitment volume is high, and we are seeking Talent Acquisition professionals to help us recruit and ensure a smooth and efficient process flow for our candidates and hiring managers. These temporary positions within the Human Resources Talent Acquisition team are anticipated to have a duration of up to four months.
Function/Duties of Position
***2 Positions Available***
The Talent Acquisition Partner serves department and unit leaders to operationalize recruitment and hiring needs. They manage and have oversight an accountability of the recruitment process for assigned customer groups, identifying areas of inefficiency and addressing and resolving issues. They assist hiring managers within their customer groups educating on best practices, and training and guiding hiring managers and their administrative support on the recruitment process. This role handles variety of clinical, non-clinical and supervisory positions in their portfolio. Based on customer need, the Talent Acquisition Partner may perform full cycle recruiting for positions. Working under the direction of Talent Acquisition management and guidance of senior talent acquisition partners, they partner with hiring managers and department directors to align the recruitment of talent with business needs. The Talent Acquisition Partner employs contemporary, innovative recruitment strategies to attract diverse, well qualified candidates. They serve a key role in developing talent pipelines for departments.
Key Responsibilities & Performance Standards
- Manages a requisition load and all phases of the recruitment process consistent with law, collectively bargained provisions, organizational policies and procedures and best practices to ensure diverse, well qualified applicant pools are developed. This includes developing recruitment plans, proactively sourcing, selecting recruitment marketing strategies, applicant screening, interviewing, reference checks and directing preparation of offer letters. Responds to inquiries from internal and external customers and candidates, meeting service level agreements and ensuring a positive candidate and customer experience. Maintains recruitment and hiring documentation.
- Engages with hiring managers to develop and implement innovative recruitment strategies. Develops talent pipelines to provide a foundation for the development, progression and retention of a talented and engaged workforce, engages internal and external stakeholders. Identifies, offers strategies and engages solutions to meet workforce needs. Evaluates the effectiveness of the strategies and makes modifications as needed to build successful outcomes. Utilizes data and reporting to evaluate performance and decision support.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on recruitment and hiring procedures and best practices; screening and interviewing techniques, evaluating candidates’ qualifications, selection processes and methodologies; relocation; temporary staffing, strategies for managing vacancies and turnover; collecting and analyzing data, ie. exit surveys; onboarding; and collective bargaining provisions related to recruitment and selection. Provides training, education and coaching on process, tools and systems.
- Monitors performance metrics on recruitment metrics, ie. time to fill, vacancy aging.
- Keeps abreast of human resources related laws, regulations and union contract provisions related to recruitment and hiring to serve as content expert and ensure compliance with all applicable requirements. Stays current on recruitment trends and best practices.
- Participates in the development and deployment of recruitment events. Attends events. Assists in the evaluation of outcomes from the events and measuring return on investment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of progressively responsible recruitment experience, which includes managing a requisition load, recruiting hard to fill positions, creating recruitment plans and sourcing strategies.
- Corporate recruiting experience.
- Recruitment experience in a healthcare setting.
- Experience developing recruitment plans for hard to fill positions, including leadership roles.
- Demonstrated ability to managed a high volume of requisitions (50+).
- Versed in the use of professional social media and other sourcing tools and strategies.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of trends, systems and techniques that contribute to the effective management of recruitment processes.
- Demonstrated ability to present solutions to problems, taking ownership and initiative to implement the solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to be patient, calm and communicate thoughtfully and respectfully in a fast paced environment with many competing demands.
- Experience developing and deploying recruitment and career events.
- Tolerance for, and ability to manage ambiguity in a high volume, fast-paced setting.
- Highly collaborative and supportive with coworkers and customers.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to independently develop thoughtful solutions to challenges.
- Demonstrated well-developed communication skills and high emotional intelligence to effectively manage interactions with others.
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Self-directed, ability to think independently.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to self-prioritize and consistently meeting due dates and deadlines.
- Experience doing presentations and facilitating training to various group sizes.
- Proficient in the use of applicant tracking systems and various computer applications (MS Office Suite, Power Point)
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- PHR, CP.
- Address 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd., Mail code: UHN90