Our Employees are the Heart of the MAC Community
The MAC is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, unique perspective, and are also united by a common passion for creating great experiences and having a genuine sense of hospitality. We pride ourselves on delivering high standards of excellence with every interaction, and we are fueled by our passion for embracing new ways to improve everything we do. We strive to exceed member expectations by providing an authentic, friendly, enthusiastic experience. At the center of our Values is delivering extraordinary experiences.
If you are the type of person to gets energy from delighting others and being the best part of their day, you may just be a perfect fit for the environment at the MAC.
About the Role
The HR Manager, Talent Development role is a key position to building and maintaining a highly engaged work environment at the MAC. This position is responsible for all programs that support our team leaders to best engage and inspire excellence from their teams. This includes but is not limited to our employee engagement program (Gallup Q12), leadership development, performance management, career pathing and how we celebrate excellence.
All our manager level roles in Human Resources are also cross trained to not only gain exposure to other areas of HR, but to ensure we have the right support during planned and unplanned absences. We have a small, but mighty team that offers a great opportunity to learn and grow in all aspects of Human Resources.
- Develop and lead the administration of the Gallup Q12 Engagement Survey and action planning process.
- Work across internal and external partners to develop and administer a learning curriculum (MAC University) that support leadership development, DE&I, safety, operational excellence, and career pathing opportunities.
- Develop and administer a performance management process that is simple, clear, and effective at providing continuous feedback aimed at celebrating what’s working and developing areas that can be better.
- Develop recognition programs that help celebrate our employees for living our values and upholding standards of excellence.
- Managing employee relation issues effectively and professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent education & experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience
- Experience in leading and managing complex projects from concept to implementation
- Able to efficiently prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Experience leading and working cross-functionally, and with external partners
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency in basic office software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Dayforce (HRIS software) a plus
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Ability to be present and available during business hours to meet company and department needs
- Full-time employees may choose from a comprehensive benefit & welfare package including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Facility use privileges including exercise room, climbing gym, swimming pools, and exercise classes
- Free parking
- Discounted public transportation passes
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to Headspace wellness app
- Discounted club services and meals
COVID-19 considerations: Your health and safety are a top priority at the MAC. In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities, we have implemented specific precautionary measures and processes for employees. Beginning October 1, 2021, all MAC employees must be fully vaccinated or have been approved for a legal exception. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks following receiving the second dose of a two-dose or one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination. Job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination or securing a documented and approved medical or religious exception.
- Address 1849 SW Salmon Street, Portland, OR 97205