If you’d like to have a 30 minutes informational interview about our Technical Recruiter role, feel free to reach out to Tony Seminary email@example.com.
IT Motives is a niche IT recruiting company, and we are looking for a Technical Recruiter that takes a holistic, long-term approach to partnering with the candidates that we represent.
Why come work for us:
Our team is highly collaborative and everyone on the team has a voice. New ideas, questions, and opinions from all team members are encouraged and valued.
We give personalized attention and take the time to get know our candidates, as we show great care and empathy for the candidates we work with. Our values of long-term relationships, integrity, collaboration, consistency, and passion are alive in our everyday work. We really do walk it and talk it each and every day.
Here’s how we would describe our Technical Recruiters at IT Motives: empathetic, strong integrity, curious by nature, unselfish, self-motivated, organized, hard-working, enjoys helping others.
Further, we at IT Motives are women, minority, and veteran friendly. Please visit this part of our website https://www.itmotives.com/meet-us/ to see how diverse we really are.
If this resonates with you, we would love to have you read on and ultimately consider us. Please do send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
As a Technical Recruiter, you will attract top talent through sourcing, recruiting, and screening candidates for a variety of technical positions in the areas of Software Development, Software QA, DevOps, CyberSecurity, Cloud, Project Management, Business Analysis, etc.
We believe that the best Technical Recruiters are not working in an office all day just making phone calls. Yes, we do make phone calls as well. However, we are very community focused and we believe in meeting our candidates in-person out in the field whenever possible. That could vary from a coffee break, to a networking event, to a conference. **Currently during this pandemic we are being safe and not requiring any of our employees to meet people in-person and work in the field. We are 100% virtual at the moment and have been since March 2020.**
We are all about community and supporting the technology ecosystem. And we cannot say it enough, we are big believers in creating and maintaining long-term professional relationships. When we first engage someone in conversation, our mindset is that we will be working with them for the long-term.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day in the Life of a Technical Recruiter:
- Work with more experienced Technical Recruiters on our team to learn Recruiting best practices. Continually seek out feedback and learning opportunities to increase your knowledge and expertise of the Recruiting industry.
- Learn and apply the entire recruiting life-cycle, from sourcing the candidate all the way through placing them on their first day, and beyond.
- Learn and understand your candidate’s respective stories. Determine and assess candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, aptitude, salary requirements, and things of that nature.
- Review and evaluate their resumes. Present and sell job opportunities to candidates, and in the process converting these candidates to submitted applicants for our client job openings.
- Coach and instruct candidates to help them best prepare for interviews.
- Keep your candidates updated throughout the entire hiring process.
- Read, interpret, and distill client job descriptions to identify qualified candidates. Attend client meetings with our Account Managers as requested.
- Attend industry networking events, user groups, and conferences to create and maintain professional relationships with candidates (currently we are virtual until the pandemic is “over”)
- Use our database, LinkedIn, and additional social networking sites and other tools to source and identify candidates.
- Organize and store information about candidates in our database for quick and easy reference.
- Working with our HR team, keep current with HR policies around recruiting best practices.
- Meet the Key Performance Indicators as set for your role.
- Commit to the IT Motives core values of: Long-Term Relationships, Integrity, Consistency, Collaboration, and Passion, as guiding principles during your work day.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Work Experience:
- 6 months technical recruiting experience in a staffing agency environment OR 1 year of experience in a customer facing sales or marketing role.
- Will also consider those with more experience in technical recruiting.
When we review resumes, we realize that life experiences and other positions can be transferable to professional success as a technical recruiter. If the description feels like a match for you, but you don’t have all of the professional experience listed, we still encourage you to apply.
- Excellent verbal communication skills: both on the phone and in-person.
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to craft compelling and persuasive emails.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Portland metro area to meet candidates and attend recruiting events (once the pandemic is “over”).
- Meet with candidates virtually and in-person and build long-term relationships with them.
- Be able to build, expand, and utilize a strong network of candidates.
- Collaborate and work with team members at all levels of our organization.
- Maintain fantastic notes on your candidate interactions in our database.
- Have excellent time management abilities. Be able to establish priorities and stay focused on the task at hand.
- Persuasively convince candidates to accept job offers by using personalized closing strategies.
- Constantly improve your knowledge of current and new technologies in the software industry, keeping up on the latest technology trends and buzzwords.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as member of a remote team.
- Experience with Cloud productivity software such as Office365
- Address 4605 SW Poplar Lane, Portland, OR 97225