Job Posting: Human Resources Assistant
Status: Full-time, Temporary
We are excited to be searching for our new Human Resources Assistant to join our small, hardworking, fun, team.
- Processing new hire paperwork for all new hires and helping new hires get through all steps, entering and tracking background checks, posting a list of new hires that are hired on a preliminary basis, creating a new hire announcement, escorting new hires to the nursing station for TB testing, tracking returned TB tests. Entering new hires into various systems and adding them to various lists.
- Responsible for data entry and tracking of background checks rechecks for current employees.
- Enters new hire into Relias training program, assists new hires getting signed on and oversees new hires and employees in the HR office completing web-based training.
- Removes terminated employees from background check system, training system, etc.
- Greets visitors to the HR Department answering basic questions and helping route visitors to the correct party.
- May assist with other HR/payroll duties such has helping with on sight job fairs, signing up for job fairs, reference checks, job posting or reposting, scheduling meetings, planning events, assisting with projects, updating forms when asked, filing, running reports, auditing and monitoring HR & legal postings, other audits, and other administrative duties as requested.
- We are willing to invest in training someone who can become an essential part of our HR department.
- Room to grow into additional HR duties and projects as appropriate and able.
Must be kind and tactful, extremely reliable, possess high school diploma or equivalent, and at least one-year applicable experience (does not have to be HR). Able to learn computer systems and departmental processes quickly. Must be able to pass the Oregon Department of Human Services Background check and become certified as a QED able to submit and track background checks. Must have the ability to remain calm and thoughtful in stressful situations and maintain confidentiality at all times. Must be able to communicate professionally, both written and oral.
This is a special place. Cedar Sinai Park is a Portland based non-profit that provides residential and community-based care to our elders and adults with special needs allowing them to live with comfort, independence and dignity in a manner and environment based on Jewish values. We have a person-centered approach to care at the heart of our mission which empowers both residents and staff to be their best. The scenic Cedar Sinai Campus known for its lush green trees, walking trails and historic significance and connection to the local community.
Love, Honor Respect. Cedar Sinai Park is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identification, age, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, uniformed services status, or any other state or federally protected classifications. No application will be rejected as a result of a disability that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent performance of the essential job duties. Please see job description for full list of responsibilities, requirements and related information.
Love* Honor * Respect
Please apply on the Cedar Sinai Park website:
http://cedarsinaipark.org under the Careers tab
- Address 6125 SW Boundary Street Portland, OR, USA