Metro has an exciting opportunity for a Temporary Recruiter
Are you a recruiter looking for an opportunity to serve your community? Are you passionate about diversity and understand the positive impacts that a diverse workforce bring to an organization? If so, Metro has an exciting opportunity for a full time – temporary Recruiter; 6 + months in duration.
What you will do:
Metro recruits for a wide variety of roles from administrative specialists to park rangers, planners to animal keepers, and recycling specialists to theater ushers. As our next Recruiter, you’ll be contributing your talents for connecting people with job opportunities; supporting managers with building a strong, racially diverse workforce and delivering on mission-driven work that makes the Portland metropolitan region a great place to work, play and live.
This position requires a high volume, responsive and deadline driven individual who has the knowledge, skills and experience to provide guidance, interpret complex policies and communicate effectively. In this role, you will:
- Partner with embedded HR Business Partners to review and develop strategies in filling key recruitments over a 3-6 month time frame.
- Meet with a hiring managers to plan their upcoming recruitment, thinking through approach and timeline and discussing strategies to ensure a diverse candidate pool
- Manage recruitment from start to finish – from managers checking the status of their recruitment(s) and with applicants asking for status and feedback of their application(s)
- Review candidate applications from our online recruitment applicant tracking system (NeoGov) based on established evaluation criteria and route/handle accordingly
- Work collaboratively with a hiring managers to brainstorm and develop an equitable and innovative interview processes that address potential barriers or biases.
- Research new avenues for posting job announcements to strengthen and advance diversity and quality of recruitment applicant pools.
- Write accurate, creative and clear job announcements that accurately reflect the job duties
- Contribute to the success of the team by taking initiative to reinforce support, trust and collaboration
- Build a relationship. This may include delivering a training to internal staff, discussing employment opportunities at a job fair, or working with community based organizations to highlight opportunities at Metro.
Traits for success:
- Knowledge of regulations and laws applicable to human resources and hiring practices.
- Promoting an environment that supports equity, where staff of all backgrounds can come to work and thrive in a safe and welcoming workplace.
- Meet and deal tactfully, professionally and effectively with other employees, public and private officials, hiring managers, community groups and members of the general public
- Manage recruitment and selection projects and processes and offer recommendations to meet the value of excellence
- Provide excellent customer service by meeting the needs and interacting with hiring managers, applicants, community based organizations, vendors, the public and others encountered during the course of work
- Use office software including Microsoft Office Suite and utilize an applicant tracking system or large database system
- Demonstrate Metro’s employee values of public service, excellence, teamwork, respect, innovation and sustainability through action and performance of role.
Experience and education:
- 3 years of progressive experience in Human Resources; 2 years of which include recruitment experience AND
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field; OR
- Any combination of experience and education that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to perform assigned tasks
- Prior recruitment experience in the public or government sector.
- Prior experience working with NeoGov.
Learn more about this role and apply here!
- Address 600 NE Grande Ave