The Total Rewards Analyst is part of the human resources team and is a key contributor in the administration and development of total rewards programs across the organization. This includes performing a variety of tasks with the purpose of supporting and coordinating benefits and compensation processes/functions. The position reports to the HR manager and works very closely with direction from the Total Rewards Program Manager. Tasks within this role range from a scale of some process oriented/administrative to more intermediate level analysis and project coordination.
|Performed majority of the time:
- Processing and auditing the entry of benefits elections for new hires, employees with qualifying life event changes, and annual open enrollment. This includes utilizing the benefits enrollment software and HRIS database.
- Uses specific applied knowledge and analytical skills to assist with consultation on organization’s Total Rewards philosophy.
- Assists in reviewing new and revised job description submissions, creates new job code if applicable, and makes recommendations to hiring managers on appropriate content/format, pay grade, as well as the proper exempt classification.
- Assisting employees with questions/issues related to their benefits and compensation. Coordinates with benefits vendors to find solutions and resolve inquires.
- Facilitates the new hire benefits orientations and assists the newly benefit-eligible employees as needed.
- Administer benefits invoicing, and auditing benefits and compensation data to ensure on-going data integrity.
- Provides analytical and administrative support for multiple projects including, but not limited to: offer placement, nursing tenure pay increases, updating compensation tools/spreadsheets, updating the compensation structure documents, Oregon Equal Pay Law projects, job description updates, market and equity requests analysis, etc.
|Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of the job:
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations related to total rewards programs. Assists in updating required employer notifications (e.g. Summary Plan Descriptions) on the employee Intranet website. Initiates and coordinates preparation of Form 5500s and non-discrimination testing for Health and Welfare plans.
- Coordinates the design of the benefits and compensation related resources (e.g. Annual Benefits & Wellness Directory), and making updates on the employee Intranet website.
- Problem solving system issues related to online benefits elections software and HRIS database.
- Utilizing HRIS database system to provide data which includes analysis using MS Excel.
- Coordinates open enrollment communication, updating benefit enrollment options and testing in the online benefits elections software.
- Part of a team to support annual compensation projects. These projects include but are not limited to: annual merit increases and the automatic upload process, incentive program processing, union contract increase processing, paid time off cash out communication and eligibility, etc.
- Provides analytical and administrative support to initiate new programs related to Total Rewards.
- Assists Total Rewards Program Manager with compensation and benefits surveys.
- Runs reports and processes updates related to HR Metrics/SLA’s dashboard.
|Decision making and budget responsibilities:
- Influences decisions related to the Total Rewards functions.
- Provides input to operational managers related to compensation analysis and recommendations that may affect those department budgets.