The Training & Organizational Development Specialist designs, delivers, and administers development and training programs for company employees. The manager also acts as liaison and advisor to the organization’s leadership and facilitates initiatives across the organization. This is a new position to Jubitz with an opportunity to create and execute programs that support our strong culture of ensuring world class customer experiences for every customer and maintaining a workplace that values and validates employees by providing opportunities for skills learning and job growth. This is a full-time salaried position based in our North Portland office, reporting to the VP of People Services.
Interested applicants are requested to provide a resume with cover letter that outlines previous training and organizational development experience through our on-line application portal. The portal also includes a simple application form. Please minimally include positions covering the past 5 years.
Jubitz Corporation is a privately-owned company serving the transportation industry and the Portland community since 1952. We are nationally recognized as one of the largest and best truck stops in America, recently named a Top Workplace by Oregonian Media Group two years in a row, and a top provider of commercial fueling and fuel card services to businesses across the western U.S.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, delivers, and/or organizes company-wide culture, customer service, and employee engagement training programs
- Partners with company executives and managers on implementation of leadership skills training programs for junior managers and upcoming hourly staff
- Develops learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides and lesson plans
- Makes assessments of effectiveness of training in terms of employee accomplishments and performance
- Reviews evaluations of training courses, objectives and accomplishments
- Conducts needs assessments for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company
- Identifies and incorporates best practices and lessons learned into program plans
- Directs the company’s annual employee survey including delivery of feedback sessions with department managers and tracking of annual employee engagement action plans
- Consults with management on performance, organizational, and leadership matters
- Conducts needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance employee job performance and overall company performance
- Administers the company’s performance evaluation processes with a perspective toward continuous improvement in the quality and effectiveness of evaluation tools
- Creates, modifies, and/or edits company documents including job descriptions, job aides, training manuals, polices, and procedures
- Functions as a key team member in the People Services (HR) Department, ensuring a high level of service to employees and managers in support of the company’s mission
- Manages and/or participates in other company projects as directed by VP of People Services or other company executives
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, communications, or similar relevant specialty
- Minimum of three years’ experience in human resources and/or operations management
- Two or more years’ experience required in the delivery of various training interventions
- Experience in training/curriculum design strongly preferred
- Professional certification in organizational development, training, or HR preferred
- Energetic and positive work style that easily builds strong teamwork relationships with others
- Experienced at using a consultative approach in working with managers and employees
- Proven ability to build trust and credibility through attention to integrity, capabilities, and delivery of strong results
- Excellent communication skills to include listening, speaking, writing, and presenting
- Intermediate to advanced skill at computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other business applications
- Proven business writing skills including training content and procedural/policy documents
- Good project management skills and focused/organized approach to leading initiatives
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
- This position functions primarily in an office/business setting and requires the employee be able to communicate verbally and in writing, operate a computer, and work collaboratively with other company employees.
- Tasks may involve sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods and lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs. at a time, though all duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- The company operates out of several buildings spread across a multi-acre campus, and satellite offices in the greater metro area. Ability to travel between buildings and sites is necessary.
- Address 33 NE Middlefield Road, Portland OR 97211