Job Title: VP, Talent and Organizational Development
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Department: Executive, T&OD
Job Type: Regular
DWFritz Automation, founded in 1973, has experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years and continues to grow! Since its inception, DWFritz has been producing brilliant automation solutions for our clients. Today, the market demand for automation combined with our world-class practices and cutting-edge technology places DWFritz on a trajectory to becoming a leading provider in the field of automation.
One thing that hasn’t changed at DWFritz is our focus on our core values, such as “Collaborate and Share the Credit,” a value that is deeply engrained in how we work together both in our US and China facilities. Our core value “Find a Better Way” promotes innovation and openness to doing things differently. It’s also the reason we have a company supported incubator program and an in-house lab.
Our World Headquarters operates from a modern, state-of-the-art facility located in Wilsonville, Oregon. Our employees enjoy standing desks, a recreation room, a fitness room, and a hearty oatmeal breakfast to start each day. Our spacious lunch room is the venue for weekly All Staff meetings and our frequent “Lunch and Learns.”
DWFritz is a wonderful place to work, with unique opportunities to participate in dynamic teams, a strong sense of culture and values, and a growing company. If you are considering a new opportunity we encourage you to check us out.
Your Talent & Organizational Development Team at DWFritz
The Talent & Organizational Development Team at DWFritz focuses on solutions for the people side of the business. We are a progressive HR team that is data driven, results oriented, and consultative in our approach. You won’t find any paper pushers on this team! What you will find is a team that works closely with the business to understand the needs, to develop solutions, to measure their impact and to continually look for ways to improve. This is a great place to stretch your wings, to wear different hats, and to learn and create best practices in HR.
The Vice President, Talent and Organizational Development will be a key member of the senior leadership team and will be responsible for leading high-impact, people-focused strategic initiatives that not only fuel our growth but also drive alignment with the overall company core values and vision. We are looking for an exceptional people leader, somebody who sets a high bar for their team and for the business, somebody who is a strategic thinker and is always up for a challenge (and a good laugh). The incumbent must have a passion for talent management and fostering environments that inspire employees to do their best work whether here in the US or in China.
This position is a fit for you if enjoy:
- Being a part of an organization that prides itself on innovating and finding a better way.
- Being a steward to a 45-year-old culture that is built on the foundation of team collaboration.
- Working beside the President/CEO to facilitate organizational change as the organization grows, shifts, moves into new markets.
- Providing executive coaching and continual guidance to the senior leadership team to maximize their performance and their teams’ performance.
- Being a partner in the realization of our vision to be a great place to work, to build high performing teams, and to grow wisely while staying true to our core values.
- Embracing a diverse, multi-cultural workforce, both in our domestic and international facilities.
- Being a hands on leader for the Talent & Organizational Development team by bringing expertise in talent management, organizational development, HR law and managing, mentoring and hiring team members who sustain our reputation for strategic partnership, consistent execution, and accessibility to the company.
- Develops and implements T&OD strategies that align with the company’s overall mission and strategy, resulting in innovative best practices and policies.
- Helps build a high-performing culture of innovation, accountability, and collaboration embedded in a foundation of honesty and integrity.
- Participates in the ongoing development of the organization’s short and long-term objectives, and acts as a strategic partner, bringing especially the perspective of people impact.
- Oversees organizational people-related budget, using HRIS analytics and P&Ls in decision-making.
- Supports the expansion of talent serving the business to new locations in country and out of country.
- Oversees compensation practices and philosophy to ensure salary benchmarking and pay equity analysis is performed on a regular basis in US and China.
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the T&OD team to support the organization via performance check-ins, workforce planning, talent acquisition, learning & development, employee engagement, benefits, and compliance.
- Drives toward integration of HR practices between the US and the China HR teams.
- Collaborates with the Senior Management Team to develop and implement plans for improving the company infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
- Meets regularly with Senior Managers to ensure decisions for the organization are well-thought out and timely.
- Keeps abreast of external factors to forecast business and human capital trends that will affect the business.
- 15 years of Human Resources management experience, with 5+ years in an executive role leading HR/People Ops/Talent Acquisition teams in high growth companies; tech company experience preferred; international experience required. Board level experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Design, Business, HR or another relevant field; Masters preferred; appropriate HR certifications are a plus.
- Experience leading training and training programs including management training, technical training, onboarding, and guiding leadership through decisions on workforce development and the budget and systems to support.
- Strong, resilient, results-driven, and self-directed leader with personal commitment to excellence.
- Collaborative management experience – must be capable of forging relationships across groups and have the ability to negotiate and distill requirements.
- Proven leadership through organizational change with the ability to drive adoption, assist leaders in change management, foresee potential consequences and guide the senior leadership team accordingly.
- Knowledge of best practices regarding human capital, business strategy, corporate communications, human relations, training and development, engagement.
- Proven strategic thinking, business acumen, problem solving/analysis.
- Proven experience working with technologies and systems required for a growing organization aspiring to world-class operations.
- Possess a high level of integrity and social awareness.
- Financial and business acumen in addition to domain expertise.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner. An ability to adapt your approach to the audience, anticipating impact of words and actions, preparing for possible resistance and responding in an appropriate style, using a range of influencing styles.
- Salary Offer DOE
- Address 9600 SW Boeckman Rd