FUNDAMENTALS OF TRAINING – FRIDAYS, SEPTEMBER 11-OCTOBER 2
#1. Friday, September 11, 2020, 8:30 AM 12:00 PM (PDT)
#2. Friday, September 18, 2020, 8:30 AM 12:00 PM (PDT)
#3. Friday, September 25, 2020, 8:30 AM 12:00 PM (PDT)
#4. Friday, October 02, 2020, 8:30 AM 12:00 PM (PDT)
Location Zoom – Access will be provided prior to programs
Member Rate – Early Bird – $199.00
Fundamentals of Training, Fundamentals of Training, Sept 11, 18, 25 and October 2, early bird chapter member rate.
Non Member – Early Bird – $299.00
Fundamentals of Training, Sept 11, 18, 25 and October 2,, early bird nonmember rate.
Partner Rate – Early Bird – $199.00
Fundamentals of Training, Sept 11, 18, 25 and October 2, early bird discounted rate for partner organizations. Must be a member of ICF, NSA, ODN or SHRM.
Fundamentals of Training provides students a rich learning experience addressing the core elements of the ADDIE model. Each session is 3 hours in length and is facilitated by a highly skilled instructor for that specific session.
Please note: though this class is offered virtually, this is not a class specific to virtual trainings or virtual platforms (such as Zoom). We highly recommend you take all four sessions. However, if you are looking for a refresher, need to make up a session or can only attend one, please contact us. Registration will be done off line.
All sessions are geared towards those new to the talent development field or for those who need an overview of these topics.
Needs Assessment (Friday, Sept 11, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm)
- Introduce participants to the Training Needs Assessment (TNA) process
- Outline the importance of the TNA in developing training interventions to improve organization performance.
- Participants will engage in activities to share their knowledge in order to understand typical resistance to the needs process and to gain insights on various TNA data collection methods.
Course Design (Friday, Sept 18, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm)
- Instructional design models
- Learning objectives
- How to sequence material
- Instructional design issues related to distance learning delivery methods
- Course evaluation principles
- Four levels of training evaluation
Training Methodologies (Friday, Sept 2 5, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm)
- Explore the when, why and how of 14 key training methods
- Use Dale’s Cone of Experience to increase learning retention
- Utilize a variety of creative approaches to maximize learning
- Match training methods to learning objectives
- Apply advanced facilitation skills (experiential learning) to make learning more engaging
Presentation Skills (Friday, Oct 2, 8:30- 12:00 pm)
- Techniques that improve presentation skills
- When and how to use visuals to increase your effectiveness
- How to elicit involvement/interaction from participants
- How to manage challenging participants
- How to effectively field questions from participants.
- Sessions will be held virtually for 3 Fridays in September and 1 October.
- Limited to 30
- Zoom Links will be sent out prior to each session.
- Please reach out to the ATD Cascadia office if you are in need of scholarship assistance.
- Online registration is available until September 7th, 2020.
- Discounted registration is available for our partner organizations(ICF, NSA, ODN, SHRM only).
- Multiple registrations?Contact the office at 503-579-1552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full stamp card?Email email@example.com and request a code to redeem online.
- Need a refund?Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the early bird deadline of Aug 24th. No refunds or credits for future events given after that time. Substitutions allowed at any time (with price adjustment for nonmembers).