Fundamentals of Training
February 18 – 19, 2020
Fundamentals of Training provides students a rich learning experience addressing the core elements of the ADDIE model. Each session is 3 hours in length and is facilitated by a highly skilled instructor for that specific session.
All sessions are geared towards those new to the talent development field or for those who need an overview of these topics.
Needs Assessment (first morning, 8:30 am – Noon)
- Introduce participants to the Training Needs Assessment (TNA) process
- Outline the importance of the TNA in developing training interventions to improve organization performance.
- Participants will engage in activities to share their knowledge in order to understand typical resistance to the needs process and to gain insights on various TNA data collection methods.
Course Design (first afternoon, 1 – 4:30 pm)
- Instructional design models
- Learning objectives
- How to sequence material
- Instructional design issues related to distance learning delivery methods
- Course evaluation principles
- Four levels of training evaluation
Training Methodologies (second morning, 8:30 am – noon)
- Explore the when, why and how of 14 key training methods
- Use Dale’s Cone of Experience to increase learning retention
- Utilize a variety of creative approaches to maximize learning
- Match training methods to learning objectives
- Apply advanced facilitation skills (experiential learning) to make learning more engaging
Presentation Skills (second afternoon, 1 – 4:30 pm)
- Techniques that improve presentation skills
- When and how to use visuals to increase your effectiveness
- How to elicit involvement/interaction from participants
- How to manage challenging participants
- How to effectively field questions from participants.
Speaker Bios can be found on our website
Time: Check in from 8-8:30 am each day. Program is from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm each day.
Location: Pearl West (ZoomCare), 1455 NW Irving St., Portland, OR 23094
Parking: Metered Street Parking or nearest lot here
Refreshments: Basic coffee and water service provided. On your own for lunch.
Website: Read the full description here
, including information related to CEUs.