While the COVID-19 pandemic forced many employers to shift part or all of their workforce to telecommuting, many companies are actively considering the ongoing role of telecommuting in their business.
How do you know if telecommuting is right for your company? What steps should an organization take to ensure the ongoing success of a telecommuting workforce?
What are the telecommuting benefits that can be optimized and the missteps to avoid?
In this session, we will identify the foundational elements that need to be in place for successfully managing a telecommuting workforce.
Attendees will also learn the benefits and challenges to consider when assessing how to leverage telecommuting for their business.
• Identify and implement the foundational elements necessary to leverage the benefits of telecommuting.
• Assess workforce policies related to productivity, accountability, availability, and local and federal regulatory compliance.
• Mitigate risks that may be introduced or more likely with a remote workforce.
• Implement practices for maintaining the company culture, encouraging collaboration, and creating an environment of inclusiveness.
• Understand the benefits of a remote workforce, including attracting and retaining top talent, enhancing diversity initiatives, and promoting greater flexibility and collaboration.
• Define new strategies for engaging employees and enhancing company culture with a telecommuting workforce.
• Lessen the impact of telecommuting employees struggling to perform in a remote work setting.
• Conduct remote new employees onboardings in a manner that is welcoming and supportive.